- Shabbat Shalom! 100hookup Success Story of the Week…in a swimming pool? Check out how Scott proposed to Marla! https://tinyurl.com/nuyo9e #
- RT @DonnaMadonna: Loving Labor Pains! “Could you let me know after lunch, b/c I have a 100hookup to cancel”. #
- RT @popjudaica @RobynRSTAR You found yourself a hookup Dr. on 100hookup? Even my mother is kvelling for you! #
- RT @BizBash_News Justice Ball Returns to Palladium With Wonderland Theme and Hookup Help From 100hookup https://tinyurl.com/nmvdpj #
- Attn: Rabbis! Have you performed any 100hookup weddings? You could win free advertising for your synagogue on 100hookup: https://tinyurl.com/nbmhsg #
- Can you guess where 100hookup is going this December 25-30? Save the date for our biggest trip of the year: 100hookup in the Bahamas! #
- Can you guess where 100hookup is going this December 25-30? Save the date for our biggest trip of the year! #
- 100hookup Photo Shoot 2009 – Check out what happened on JBlog! https://bit.ly/7e1CS #
- RT @hookupBloggers My hookup Learning: I’d 100hookup him! https://bit.ly/GMXaW Mazel tov, Jen! Send us your success story to ! #
- #shabbatshalom 100hookup Success Story of the Week: Meet Heidi & Josh! Curious George + Pizza + Hiking Proposal = https://tinyurl.com/krlzn8 #
Archive for July, 2009
Dear Gems from Jen,
I am interesting, cool, smart, warm, honest, creative, fun, and a well-traveled artist, who is 53 years young. I am truly one of a kind and I look good. I am not thin, but not fat, an American Israeli and at the moment in Israel. In my profile, I let men know that I will be back in the USA in about 2-3 months. Men don’t look interesting, it’s unreal. Many Success Stories start from overseas, but it seems that American men want to find love next door. Isn’t it stupid? Even when I write to them I try to explain and say, “Think outside the box.” Still nothing, nada!
Dear No New Mail,
I’m not so sure this is just an American man issue. My sense is this is a universal issue. Long-distance relationships are hard work, no matter how great a catch you might be. My best suggestion here is to have some patience. It sounds like you possess some fantastic qualities and there are plenty of men out there willing to get to know you. However, right now you are not geographically desirable to the men you are trying to communicate with. I do understand you want to meet someone, but do yourself a favor and wait until you get back to the states. I think a lot of men are unwilling to begin something with someone who is not available to meet for a few months. Once you arrive back in the states re-visit some of the interesting profiles here on 100hookup and write the men you are interested in getting to know better. Good luck in your search!
Gems from Jen
What happens when you put a group of attractive and single 100hookup members together in a room with a half dozen 100hookup success story couples of all ages? 100hookup Photo Shoot 2009, of course!
Two weeks ago, the 100hookup marketing team organized a professional photo shoot at Smashbox Studios in Los Angeles where 100hookup members and success stories were invited to receive the fashion plate treatment and pose to be the next “faces of 100hookup.” The photos, to be used in marketing campaigns both onsite and off, were to capture real moments in relationships and the authenticity of the 100hookup experience.
Once the ice was broken (which took all of about 5 minutes), it was time to hustle our models into hair and makeup, wardrobe, and lastly, in front of the flashing lights of the camera. Our models blew our expectations out of the water and posed as naturally as if they had been born to smile and strut their stuff.
In between shooting, singles mingled (a few even exchanged numbers!) over delicious food and success story couples traded anecdotes of how 100hookup has changed their lives.
Here are just a few of the beautiful photographs that resulted from the shoot:
Recently I took a little staycation to vacation destination of girls donning tramp stamps and guys with more needle usage than L.A. Ink: The E.R.! On this little impromptu adventure, I developed a little checklist to pass the time. Ladies, allow me introduce you to my “you know you’re a single hookup female if” checklist! So without further ado, you know if:
1. You postpone your trip to the emergency room in order to put on your makeup, just in case you meet a hookup doctor, aka McDreamy.
2. Morphine becomes a welcome substitute for martinis.
3. While on the verge of death your grandmother pauses to tell you to put on blush because you’re looking a little too pale.
4. You decide to cut the hookup MD search short due to all the sick people trying to cramp your style.
5. You request a new hospital gown because the one you’re supposed to wear isn’t flattering. And the green color makes you look sick. Eww.
6. Hospital food makes fasting look great. And coincidentally does great things for your figure.
7. You start to wonder why the hell non-essential organs are included in your body if they are, in fact, non essential. You make a mental note to write a strongly-worded letter to HRH asking for a suitable reason.
8. Somewhere between the morphine and the lack of food you wonder why you couldn’t get to the ER on a day when your hair is actually working for you.
9. You conveniently voice your Chanukah list while writhing in pain. After all, you learned the hookup guilt thing from the best, and isn’t imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
10. If Jerry’s Famous Deli delivers, you’d like to get the chicken soup hooked up to your IV.
11. Last, but certainly not least, you wonder why this ER is allowed to exist when it is nothing like Seattle Grace. Make mental note to seek out the magical med center that comes complete with various McHotties, in addition to morphine
If you have said yes to two or more from the list above, seek medical attention immediately. And do it on a day your hair is working for you.
Before a blind date I find there is always a smidge of hopeful optimism and nervousness. I find myself wondering, ‘Can this be the beginning..is this the One.. ?’ Then I refocus myself on enjoying the journey and getting to know the new possibilities that cross my path. Hair, makeup, outfit, check. In some instances the optimism is either affirmed or quickly dismissed as you walk through the door, smile and start engaging (or struggling) with conversation. It is an easy going chemistry. The “Aha” instinct becomes clear in most cases rather quickly. Though many of the times the optimistic air is let out of the balloon, this process is still worth sticking to. For no other reason as the many times as I have heard “it will happen when you least expect it,” Romeo has yet gotten past my doorman, knocked on my apartment door as I veg on the couch in my pjs with a glass of pinot noir. Therefore I choose the alternative, having my pinot outside my apartment, meeting new friends and embracing the freedom and opportunities that come with being a singleton.
#43 A shout to the women: Steak Houses…Time and time again that is where all my guy friends tend to congregate for some purpose or another.
Dear Gems from Jen,
I am new to 100hookup and the whole online dating scene in general. I have created my profile and have a subscription. I have pictures and I have been honest about what I am looking for in a woman and I have been honest about who I am. I have seen plenty of nice young ladies look at my profile, but every time I send an email or try to chat I am not getting any responses in return. What am I doing wrong?
Dear What am I doing Wrong,
I don’t think your question is that unusual. You are not the first person I have heard from that has had this complaint, nor do I think you will be the last. What are you saying to the women you email? Are you talking mainly about yourself or are you asking questions about who they are and what they are looking for on 100hookup? Always make sure the email is one in which the reader can reply to. There is nothing worse than receiving an email from someone and having absolutely nothing to respond to. I have corresponded with a few men who have done just this and it was not an attractive quality. It made it very difficult to respond and I felt as if we were having a conversation in which I was not a part of. I want to get to know people, so I ask questions. My curiosity not only gets me the answers I need about a potential date, but it also opens the door for real communication.
Numerous people don’t ask questions and take the time to start the getting-to-know-someone process, and then wonder what the problem is. Make sure that you are showing interest in getting to know the person in which you are attempting to correspond. I understand that online dating is a way of showing the world who you are, but it is also about showing genuine interest in the people you would like to get to know better.
Gems from Jen
There are those times when you venture out into the world and expect to meet someone. You have your girls, you’re ready to meet that guy and wearing stilettos that will get the job done. Then there are those times where you go to lunch with your grandmother and end up leaving with a date. Apparently a hot lunch was the special that day. I walked in for a much needed break from the sale seeking scavengers at my all time fave department store, and before I could even make it to the hostess I was being seated by a hot server – in his section (which I’m sure he had nothing to do with). Long story short, my sexy server and I didn’t waste any time – and I didn’t hesitate to order that day’s special right off the menu. So I guess the moral in this hopefully happily ever after is (which btw is hopefully not a TBC kind of saga) is that dates are hiding where you least expect them. And even when you think they’ve been taken off the menu for good, nine times out of ten the chefs in sunny So Cal are still happy to oblige. Besides, ordering what everyone in America has privy to is so completely last year. So make sure to be so 3008, instead of two-thousand and late, and you’ll score a McHottie over milkshakes post-haste. And in this horrendous heat – keeping cool has never sounded so hot.
So listen, I have a lot of hobbies: krav maga, ice skating, eating, and rationalizing for dudes I should care less about. Well I have recently come to realize that this behavior is completely unacceptable, and clearly, a guy I have to justify for is simply not worth it. I tell my friends the same BS all the time. The whole rant about independent women, you’re too good for him, he thinks flannel is the new black….and hello! If I just took my own advice I’d be a damn prophet! So my New Year’s resolution in July (because let’s face it – one resolution is NEVER enough) is to stop rationalizing for the various starving artists I fall for and drop them like they’re hot. Strength is the new black (because hello, unless you’re living in Seattle – flannel is NOT). Thus, the excuse “my phone died,” is no longer a valid form of date avoidance, and certainly not for the sole purpose that Mr. Clueless thinks it’s too late to make plans and is hoping you’ll just GPS yourself right over to his house instead of going through the hassle. Well let me tell you – I’d rather sit in 405 rush hour traffic in order to get to some g-d forsaken dive’s happy hour in lieu of making monsieur’s make-out wishes come true. So, in conclusion, things no longer on my list of things to do include being understanding for said lame excuses, in addition to deleting numbers like it’s going out of style. Queen was clearly before their time when they said “Another One Bites the Dust” – or maybe they were just dating in Hollyweird.
Dear Gems from Jen,
A couple of questions from a middle-aged guy who’s new to 100hookup:
1. How do you end a first date with a woman that you don’t intend to ask out again?
2. How about with a woman who you might like to see again, but you are also planning on dating others you have corresponded with from 100hookup? Certainly she will see you logging in and know you are still looking.
Ending a date with someone you are not interested in seeing again tends to make all involved feel fairly uncomfortable. However, from my own experience and perspective I greatly appreciate the honesty. If you have no intention of a second date let the woman know. It is all about the honesty and candor. Of course tact is important here too. Just let her know you don’t feel a connection. There is absolutely nothing wrong in stating the facts. It is much better to be up front, than to keep women guessing.
Secondly, if you are interested in dating someone that you met on 100hookup again there is no crime in continuing to look. Most people don’t fall in love at first sight. Keeping your options open is the only way to find what it is you are searching for. This is a dating website after all. If there has not been an exclusivity agreement made by both people involved, then in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with continuing to actively look on 100hookup. Good luck in your 100hookup search!
Gems from Jen
- Shabbat Shalom Tweeps and 100hookuprs! #
- 100hookup Photo Shoot 2009 was a huge success yesterday! Thanks to all models AKA real members and success stories that participated! :- ) #
- RT @scroll: ‘NY’er’ Britney’s Conversion Diary: ‘Dating someone you met on 100hookup…’ https://bit.ly/BlV60 #
- RT via @rachelcw: 100hookup:Upper West Side Story #questionableromancetitles Ha ha! We got a kick out of that! #
- “Please let me know before lunch, because I have a 100hookup I will have to cancel.” – Intern on the premiere of Labor Pains, Li-Lo’s new show! #
- There’s a speed dating event tomorrow night at Kush Kush Lounge in NYC! hookup singles over 40. Get tickets at hurrydate.com/hookupsingles! #
- 100hookup and DavidShapiro.net’s Dance, Drink, and Play Mid-Summer Bash is tonight in NY City! Get your tickets at https://tinyurl.com/ldo92k #
- Via SomeEcards.com: I’d strongly consider converting to Judaism for you or any other Jew I meet on 100hookup: https://bit.ly/11MDMC #
- RT @cnnhln: …Online dating deal breakers: I’ve been doing the online dating thing for a while. Match, Nerve, 100hookup: https://bit.ly/3pSFQg #
- RT @mayaescobar: Sweet article (on JBlog) on how I met Loren while doing a performance piece on @100hookup https://bit.ly/1l2cy #
- Wow, you can now tweet your prayers?! By sending them to @thekotel, they will be put in the Western Wall for you! What a Twittervention! #